The Popcorn Sale has supported Scouting in Mid-Iowa Council since 1983. It is a significant part of funding for unit and council operations. It provides a safe, coordinated unit money earning opportunity with no upfront cost to the unit.
The Popcorn Sale provides financial support for all Mid-Iowa Council Scouts! This includes everything from paying for unit needs like program materials, badges, and camp fees, to council expenses for camping facilities, training, staff support, and insurance.
The Popcorn Sale is the best way for units to support their Ideal Year of Scouting and help youth learn valuable life skills while earning great profits and prizes!
Trails End Popcorn will be our primary popcorn vendor beginning with the 2019 sale. Trails End has developed several exciting new tools that will make the sale easier for you! Not only will it bring our sale into the 21st century, it’ll:
- Continue the Iowa & Iowa State presale jugs
- Allow every online sale to have ZERO shipping/handling charges
- Enable Scouts to download the Trail’s End app, allowing them to do online sales at storefronts, door to door, as well as take credit cards and manage inventory at the Scout and unit levels.
- Provide Square Readers to our Units to aid in their sale
- Ensure Trails End will absorb the cost of processing credit card and bank fees
- Provide a greatly enhanced prize program to motivate and reward scouts with higher prize values.
- Improve unit leader training to help you raise more money in less time than before.
- Enable over 73% of the sale is returned to Scouting!
There are many more exciting enhancements to the sale and we’re looking forward to sharing them all with you at the popcorn training sessions. Stay tuned for specific dates.
Below is a presentation on what some units have done to be successful we hope that you use some of the information to help make your sales successful.