It’s not too late to register for the 2017 National Scout Jamboree. Yes, there is still time to become a member of the Mid-Iowa contingent for this once-in-a-lifetime event! The Mid-Iowa Council contingent plans to spend July 15 through July 29, 2017, touring and attending the 2017 National Jamboree. Ten of these days will be spent with 30,000 Scouts from around the world at THE SUMMIT BECHTEL RESERVE in beautiful West Virginia! The Mid-Iowa Council will take a contingent of two Boy Scout troops and for the first time ever, a full Venturing Crew! Our contingent will consist of 108 youth and 12 adult leaders. Space is limited so don’t delay; you can reserve a spot today by registering with the Mid-Iowa Council.
To attend, a Scout must meet the following qualifications:
- Boy Scouts must be at least a First Class Scout at the time of attendance at the Jamboree
- Boy Scouts must have completed 6th grade or be at least 12 years of age by July 19, 2017 and have not reached your 18th birthday by July 29, 2017
- Venturing Scouts must have completed 8th grade or be at least 14 years of age by July 19, 2017 and not have reached your 21st birthday by July 29, 2017
- Participate in a pre-jamboree training experience and all Jamboree unit meetings
- Submit a Jamboree Medical Form
- Have been active in a troop or crew for at least six months prior to July 1, 2017
- Be approved by your Scoutmaster or Advisor and the Mid-Iowa Council Jamboree Committee
Financial Details: Reserve your place now with an application and a $100.00 non-refundable deposit. If you are not selected as part of our contingent you will be refunded any payments made. The total cost for all participants will be finalized at a later day. We expect our total package to run roughly $2,295. This fee includes all transportation costs, meals, lodging and admissions in route to and from the jamboree. The fee also includes special patches, duffle bag, travel bag and a pre-jamboree training experience weekend. Included in the trip will be a visit to Notre Dame University, a day at Cedar Point Amusement Park, a two day experience at the Gettysburg Battlefield and a visit to the Indianapolis Speedway Museum. The aim of the Council Jamboree Committee will be to keep the contingent fee as low as possible, all while providing the members of this contingent a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Council Cancellation Policy does not apply to National Events. The $100.00 deposit is non-refundable. All other fees paid that are not committed are transferable but not refundable. Anyone not selected as part of the contingent will be refunded any payments made.
Mid-Iowa Council 2017 National Jamboree Adventure: July 15 through July 29, 2017
National Jamboree 2017 July 19, 2017 to July 28