Certified Angling Instructor Course
Is there someone in your Crew, Troop or Pack that likes to FISH and would like to become a
CERTIFIED ANGLING INSTRUCTOR?
The weekend of August 25, 26 and 27, 2017 the Mid Iowa Council will host a national course resulting in those completing the course with the Certified Angling Instructor certification. This 20 hour program will cover all areas of fishing from using bottles and cane poles to tying flies and the art of fly fishing.
The class begins Friday evening August 25 and will end on Sunday afternoon August 27. The attendance in this class will be VERY LIMITED with opportunities for 20 participants. Registration will be on line beginning Thursday, May 5, 2017. Registration will include all materials, 2 cracker barrels, 2 lunches and 1 dinner. The class will be held on the Maytag Scout Center campus in Des Moines.
This is the same class that will be offered at Philmont Scout Ranch for over $400.00+. Don’t miss this opportunity to be one of the first 20 people in the Mid Iowa Council to be a Certified Angling Instructor. This course is open to all cub scout, boy scout and venturing adults.
By taking this course you must agree to
1) help teach fishing skills to your level scouts (cub, boy scout, venturers),
2) be willing to work on the District and Council level to provide training for camporees, day and twilight camps and other activities where your skill is needed and
3) work to help provide appropriate “high adventure” fishing opportunities for all levels of scouts in the Mid Iowa Council.
What Is a Certified Angling Instructor (CAI)?
- Official BSA certification for fishing and fly-fishing programs and merit badge instructor
- Train the trainer position
- One who leads and executes fishing programs at the council level
- Fishing program advocate and resource for Cub Scout, Boy Scout, and Venturing units
- Develop and support council fishing programs
- Now part of the BSA National Camping School schedule
- Qualified for national fishing staff positions at jamborees, Order of the Arrow conferences, and help train fishing staffs at all four BSA high-adventure bases
Scouters who successfully complete this Certified Angler Instructor Course are eligible to earn the recognition patches and will be assigned a CAI number and receive a CAI certificate.
|Certified Angling Instructor Flyer||Download|